I will be hosting the next “Here We Grow” creative writing workshop this August 1st/8th/15th/22nd/29th (five) Sundays in a row 2-4 PM CST. I’m super excited to start this next writing workshop and connect with you! I can’t wait to dive into your work and share ideas that have been invaluable to me throughout my career. I have been a professional touring musician and poet for almost 20 years and would like to share what I have figured out along the way as well as some of the tools I have learned in other writing classes I have taken.
We will be meeting online, via zoom, once a week the entire month of August, (five) Sundays in a row 2-4 PM CST. Throughout the week, Dan will provide various writing challenges, suggestions, and feedback on your responses. These assignments are designed to help you move beyond writer’s block, distill your ideas, and develop your unique voice. Click Here to sign up (limited spots available).
- An affirmative and challenging space to write and share.
- New tools and exercises you can use to spur creativity and develop your craft.
- An “excuse” to write and develop several pages of new work in an intentional community of writers in the exact same place as you.
- You will finish the class a better writer with new practices, resources, and material.
Dan will walk you through his writing process as well as others he’s observed; but, the lifeblood of this course will be its community. You will have access to a private online space to share your work and share in ongoing input and dialogue, you and the Here We Grow writing community will provide added support and new ideas for each other.
Though the community will take shape in unassumed ways, we expect it to look like this:
- You will be given homework and encouraged to share video readings of your work to develop a holistic approach to your writing.
- You will observe the creative process of other like-minded writers of all ages and stripes, while taking part in one another’s creative growth.
- You will meet new like-minded supportive friends, and hopefully serve to help one another beyond the class.